Monday, June 8, 2009

A great find - Simple Green's All-purpose Cleaner


I can't say enough about the earth-friendly Simple Green All-purpose household Cleaner. It's biodegradable, non-toxic and really economical - a Green Mom's dream. I used to buy a huge bottle of Domex or Greenex every week, two bottles of acid-blue glass cleaners a month plus an industrial sized Pine-sol or floor cleaner once a month. After discovering Simple Green at Metro Gaisano supermarket a few months ago, I've eliminated all those toxic 'cleaners' from my list.

The beauty of Simple Green, aside from it's earth and child-friendliness, is that it's a concentrate. Just purchase spray bottles and set aside a measuring cup to ensure each spray bottle has 1 part Simple Green and up to 16 parts water. One Simple Green bottle can last me a month. I highly recommend it to all moms who may be concerned about product toxicity or the environment. There are a whole line of Simple Green products now available - from non-concentrated sprays to metal cleaners, but I find this original concentrate still the best buy. You can find Simple Green products at Ace Hardware, True Value and Metro Gaisano supermarket.