Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Get Your Organic Veg On Thursdays!















Ever since I started buying my veg at the Thursday Organic Market, I swear that I cannot eat "supermarket" salad or carrots ever again. From crisp arugula and romaine, to succulent papaya and massive chunks of sweet ginger, the produce sold at this small stall in the parking lot is all fresh and delicious, and brought in straight from a farm in Tagaytay every Thursday morning. It's not crowded and chaotic like the Saturday market in AAV, and I like that the selection isn't too overwhelming so that I just buy what's needed.

Next to the vegetables, there are a couple of other tables selling quite a range of organic products, like nutty brown rice (ranging from light brown to black- which, surprisingly is my daughter's favourite), keffir, wheat grass, Zen soaps and massage oils ( love this - more on that later), free-range chicken, tofu and even "walis" from Baguio. It varies from week to week, so it makes for an interesting shop.

The Thursday Organic Market is open from 7am - 12 noon and is located at the parking lot of Alabang Town Center near Starbucks.